Re: PostgreSQL 8.0 release party

From: Anand Kumria <wildfire(at)progsoc(dot)uts(dot)edu(dot)au>
To: sydpug(at)postgresql(dot)org, slug(at)slug(dot)org(dot)au
Cc: gavin(at)alcove(dot)com(dot)au, neilc(at)samurai(dot)com
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 8.0 release party
Date: 2005-01-28 02:39:27
Lists: sydpug

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 03:40:15PM +1100, Anand Kumria wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It has been a long two months without the regular SydPUG meetings (due
> to a variety of factors).
>
> SydPUG convenes on the 1st Tuesday of the month, which means our next
> meeting will be the 1st February.
>
> We are planning on having a release party to celebrate 8.0 going wild.

So we've had 11 people confirm and I've put in a booking for the Spanish
Club (188 Liverpool St.,) for next Tuesday 1st Feb at 19:00.

If you think you might be coming, do let me know -- it'd be a shame to
not be able to get a seat. If the dance floor is operating we may even
have a few postgresql hackers up on stage!

Cheers,
Anand

PS: Did you now that LCA2005 early-bird discounts cease on the 1st of
February? There will be a great talk on the PostgreSQL query optimiser.

Don't delay, register today.

--
linux.conf.au 2005 - http://lca2005.linux.org.au/ - Birthplace of Tux
April 18th to 23rd - http://lca2005.linux.org.au/ - LINUX