BUG #1442: No connection to Server

From: "Dennis Hbner" <huebner(at)te-systems(dot)de>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #1442: No connection to Server
Date: 2005-01-27 08:27:10
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      1442
Logged by:          Dennis Hbner
Email address:      huebner(at)te-systems(dot)de
PostgreSQL version: 8.0
Operating system:   Windows XP Professional
Details:

Hi there,

I have trouble with newer versions of postgresql.

On every version of postgresql the only thing I changed at the
'postgresql.conf' is 'max_connections = 500'.
Otherwise I used default installation.

I'm using a telephony-system with 30 lines and I generate calls to this
system.

Now the system looks into the postgres-database if the calling number is
present and after that receives the calls.

With every older postgres-version up to 8.0.0-rc3 (this is the last working
version) everything is all right.

The database-system checks for the user and gives back the results.
This works on all 30 lines parallel.

On newer versions (higher than rc3) the connections were refused or could
not be established by the server.

Every time I get one of these error messages:

- 'could not send SSL negotiation packet: The system cannot find the path
specified'

- 'server closed the connection unexpectedly. This probably means the server
terminated abnormally'

- 'error while processing sql-command'

I hope you can help me.

Kind regards,

Dennis Hbner

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Mario ReisDate: 2005-01-27 11:08:57