Re: reltuples after vacuum and analyze

From: Litao Wu <litaowu(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: reltuples after vacuum and analyze
Date: 2005-01-25 18:29:26
Lists: pgsql-performance

Thanks,

Then how to explain relpages
(size_kb in result returned)?

SELECT relname, relpages * 8 as size_kb,
relfilenode, reltuples
FROM pg_class c1
WHERE relkind = 'r'
AND relname = 'my_tab';
relname | size_kb | relfilenode | reltuples
------------------+---------+-------------+-----------
my_tab | 30088 | 266181583 | 165724
analyze my_tab;
relname | size_kb | relfilenode | reltuples
------------------+---------+-------------+-------------
my_tab | 2023024 | 266181583 |
1.12323e+07
vacuum my_tab;
SELECT relname, relpages * 8 as size_kb,
relfilenode, reltuples
FROM pg_class c1
WHERE relkind = 'r'
AND relname = 'my_tab';
relname | size_kb | relfilenode | reltuples
my_tab | 2038016 | 266181583 | 189165
(1 row)