how to add a new column in pg_proc table

From: noman naeem <doublevision_17(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: how to add a new column in pg_proc table
Date: 2005-01-25 15:07:48
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hello Every one,

I am a student and working on my final year project,
I chose postgres as my development database,because of
its flexable architecture and extensibility.

I need to add a column of text type in pg_proc table
which is the part of the system catalog.I need to have
it so that I can proceed with my project.

I already know about the pg_proc.c and the structure
which contains all the relevent table columns in this
file.I also know about the script that generates the
.bki file with the file format as well.But ....

I keep on getting errors.It be very helpful if some
one can guide me regarding the basic steps for adding
a column in the pg_proc table......it would be indeed
of a great a help.

Regards,
Nauman