BUG #1438: Non UTF-8 client encoding problem

From: "Estagus" <wizard580(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #1438: Non UTF-8 client encoding problem
Date: 2005-01-24 01:05:04
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      1438
Logged by:          Estagus
Email address:      wizard580(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 7.4.6
Operating system:   Debian SID
Details:

Hi...
I use postgresql 7.4.6 on Debian woody SID/unstable.
I set client encoding to koi8 in file postgresql.conf
I connect to base using psql shell.

See shell commands:
# \encoding
KOI8
# \d
bla bla bla all ok

# CREATE TABLE onoff(id BIGSERIAL UNIQUE NOT NULL, user_id BIGINT NOT NULL,
made_id BIGINT NOT NULL, progress BOOL NOT NULL, is_on BOOL NOT NULL,
tarif_id INTEGER NOT NULL, date_ins DATE NOT NULL, date_todo DATE NOT
NULL);
ERROR:  ignoring unconvertible UTF-8 character 0xd3cf

# set client_encoding to utf8;
SET

# CREATE TABLE onoff(id BIGSERIAL UNIQUE NOT NULL, user_id BIGINT NOT NULL,
made_id BIGINT NOT NULL, progress BOOL NOT NULL, is_on BOOL NOT NULL,
tarif_id INTEGER NOT NULL, date_ins DATE NOT NULL, date_todo DATE NOT
NULL);
bla bla bla all ok...

# \d
ERROR in russian...

# set client_encoding to koi8;
SET

# \d
all ok...

If i missed some info, please tell me...

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Kim HansenDate: 2005-01-24 01:29:42