Re: Trouble Escaping Quotes

From: Richard Poole <rp(at)guests(dot)deus(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Haron, Charles" <charles(dot)haron(at)cognitive(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Trouble Escaping Quotes
Date: 2005-01-23 18:59:00
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 08:43:00AM -0700, Haron, Charles wrote:
> Yes, but how do you escape the quote when the value of the string isn't know
> until the function is run?
>
> If $rma_data->{\'company_name\'} is returning Bob's Fixit at run time, how
> do escape the quote BEFORE Perl interprets the string and generates an
> error?

Your quote-escaping looks fine to me; \' is just as good as '', although
less standard. I can't reproduce your problem here; your function works
for me under 8.0.0 and perl 5.8.6 . What's your error message when you
call it? Are you sure that your problem isn't happening earlier, when
you put the data into the database in the first place?

Richard