BUG #1436: not null condition is not respected

From: "Florin Borsa" <fborsa(at)saratoga(dot)ro>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #1436: not null condition is not respected
Date: 2005-01-23 17:39:05
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 1436
Logged by: Florin Borsa
Email address: fborsa(at)saratoga(dot)ro
PostgreSQL version: 8.0
Operating system: Windows XP
Details:

I ceate a table with some integer fields in this way:

create table homes ( nr int not null, name char(4))

I can insert in this table zero and null values for nr field.

where is the error, because I do not want to permit insertion of zero or
null values for nr field in homes table ?

Thank you !