Re: Include files for static VC libpq.lib

From: Edin Kadribasic <edink(at)emini(dot)dk>
To: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Include files for static VC libpq.lib
Date: 2005-01-22 23:46:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
On Saturday 22 January 2005 23:55, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I'm upgrading libpq bundled in PHP win32 distribution. I have
> >no problem
> >compiling static libpq.lib using bundled makefiles and msvc++. However
> >getting the needed include files is bit more difficult. So far
> >I have been
> >installing pgsql on a linux box, took its include files and replaced
> >pg_config.h with the one used for msvc++ build. Is there an
> >easier way to do
> >that? Adding some sort of "make install" would be handy as well.
>
> If you build with MingW you will have access to more or less everything
> that the unix builds has. Such as the "make install" command...

Yes, I'm aware of that. However that doesn't change the situation much. I
still need to build  VC lib using msvc++ and then make the whole postgresql
with mingw. At least linux build/install is faster :) I was looking for "make
install" in VC makefile which would make include dir with neccessary .h files
in it.

Edin