Re: request: search engine for PostgreSQL site

From: Robert Bernier <robert(dot)bernier5(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: "John Hansen" <john(at)geeknet(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: maillist(at)shauny(dot)de, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: request: search engine for PostgreSQL site
Date: 2005-01-22 16:01:31
Lists: pgsql-www

Well, the problem has to do with the search box on the home page. A reference of "pg_dump" yields stuff only from documentation. On the other hand I get straight into the mail lists when I do the same search using google i.e. "pg_dump help postgresql"

Might I suggest that "all" search boxes have a choice of either reference documentation or the mail list but assume that the person wants the mail list by default first.