Re: PostgreSQL clustering VS MySQL clustering

From: Hervé Piedvache <herve(at)elma(dot)fr>
To: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL clustering VS MySQL clustering
Date: 2005-01-20 15:02:39
Lists: pgsql-performance
Le Jeudi 20 Janvier 2005 15:51, Christopher Kings-Lynne a écrit :

> >>Buy Oracle
> >
> > I think this is not my solution ... sorry I'm talking about finding a
> > PostgreSQL solution ...
>
> My point being is that there is no free solution.  There simply isn't.
> I don't know why you insist on keeping all your data in RAM, but the
> mysql cluster requires that ALL data MUST fit in RAM all the time.

I don't insist about have data in RAM .... but when you use PostgreSQL with
big database you know that for quick access just for reading the index file
for example it's better to have many RAM as possible ... I just want to be
able to get a quick access with a growing and growind database ...

> PostgreSQL has replication, but not partitioning (which is what you want).

:o(

> So, your only option is Oracle or another very expensive commercial
> database.

That's not a good news ...
--
Hervé Piedvache