Re: Is CVS HEAD open for 8.1 commits?

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>,PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Is CVS HEAD open for 8.1 commits?
Date: 2005-01-18 15:53:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us> writes:
>>
>>> I IM'ed him and he said to go ahead.
>>
>> Maybe he said that, but I see no evidence that he's tagged 8.0.0
>> correctly.  If you touch the repository you'll make it materially
>> harder to fix this.  So HOLD OFF, please.
>
> Too late, sorry.  Marc says the 8.0.0 is a tag and a branch.

Note that REL8_0_STABLE is the tag/branch ... HEAD should be clear to
commit to ... the error that Tom was eluding to was that I had mis-named
the original branch as REL8_0_0, instead of REL8_0_STABLE ... if someone
knows how to safely remove a branch that has had no commits made to it,
please let me know, but from reading the docs, the suggestions that seemed
to be suggested had very big *BEWARE* signs around them ...

tags are easy to move around and remove, branches, apparently, aren't so
simple ...

----