Re: An I/O error occured while sending to the backend.

From: Stephen McConnell <mcconnell_stephen(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: An I/O error occured while sending to the backend.
Date: 2005-01-15 19:57:03
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
I'm gonna tell on myself on this one... and it embarrases me more than
I can say.

I had written a DBManager class that manages connections.  It was a
first iteration and I was just using the simple
DriverManager.getConnection(....) method before tackling connection
pooling.

In the DBManager class where I had my "getConnection()" method, I had
my standard JDBC try... catch... finally.... block.  I got the
connection, but in my finally block... like I ALWAYS do when I write a
try... catch... finally.... block, I closed the resources.  One of
which was the "connection"....  :(

Hence, the IO error.....

Thanks for the answer.... once I began looking at the code to give you
an example, I found it.

Stephen McConnell

=====