Re: FATAL: catalog is missing 1 attribute(s) for relid

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>,pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FATAL: catalog is missing 1 attribute(s) for relid
Date: 2005-01-15 19:54:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
>> 'k, this is looking promising ... but I'm a bit confused on the TOAST
>> tables ... I can't match on 'relname', since they aren't the same ... the
>> old has, for instance:
>> pg_toast_5773565
>> while the new has:
>> pg_toast_8709712
>> is there some sort of 'linkage' in pg_class that I'm not seeing?
> Yeah.  A toast table's OID appears in the reltoastrelid field of its
> owning table.  So you match new and old pg_class entries by name,
> take their reltoastrelid fields, look up those rows by OID, and their
> relfilenode fields give the names of the TOAST files.

'k, there is somewhere else that is 'holding' the information ... the
table in question is 'email' ... when I do a 'select, it tells me:

restore=# select * from email;
ERROR:  could not open relation with OID 5773277

which is the treltoastrelid from the old:

restore=# select reltoastrelid from npg_class where relname = 'email';
(1 row)

but, for the new, it should be:

restore=# select reltoastrelid from pg_class where relname = 'email';
(1 row)

Is there something in the 'table file' itself that is holding that relid?
the only thing from the old, as far as system tables, taht I've copied
over is the pg_class file into the npg_class relid, so I don't think
there is anything else at the system catalog level that could
inadvertantly contain it ...

Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (