Re: BUG #1392: could not select filter an entry from copied data table

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: Kanu Patel <kpry99(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #1392: could not select filter an entry from copied data table
Date: 2005-01-14 09:12:36
Lists: pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 08:12:38PM +0000, Kanu Patel wrote:
> I have postgresql 7.4.6 running on linux7.2. I have created couple tables
> and loaded about 15k entries using copy command. If I try to get one
> perticular entry using "select * from table where col = 'value';" command,
> it does not return anything (return 0 row). But if I use the command: select
> * from table;, it returns all rows. It filters select commands if the
> entries are inserted into the tables manually using inser commands instead
> of copy.

Could the COPY data have extraneous whitespace, or could it be a
case sensitivity issue?  What happens when you issue a query like
the following?

SELECT '<' || col || '>' FROM foo WHERE col ILIKE '%value%';

If you still can't figure it out then please provide a real test
case -- show the table definition, the exact query you're making,
the output you expect (culled from an unrestricted SELECT, for
example), and the output you actually got.

Michael Fuhr