moving database to a new partition on disk

From: sarlav kumar <sarlavk(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsqlnovice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: moving database to a new partition on disk
Date: 2005-01-07 17:41:26
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi All,

Currently I have the database on a partition on the disk. I would like to move it to a separate partition which was created exclusively for databases. Is it enough if I just copy the files under /var/lib/pgsql/ directory to the new partition? I am not sure how to go about accomplishing this. Do I need to change any of the .conf files after moving?

It woud be great if someone can let me know how to go about moving the files and how to configure postgres to use the new directory.

Thanks,
Saranya