Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us> writes:
> Would people please check the TODO list in pgsql/doc/TODO or on our web
> site, and let me know if there are any items that need a dash because
> they are completed in 7.1? I think I may have missed a few.
* have INTERSECT/EXCEPT prevent duplicates unless ALL is specified
* SELECT col::DECIMAL(12,10); fails
Uh, what's the complaint here? I don't see a problem in a cursory
* Creating view and inheriting the view causes view* to show
We seem to prohibit this from being done now, so I'd call it fixed:
regression=# create view zz1 as select * from int8_tbl;
regression=# create table zz2 () inherits(zz1);
ERROR: CREATE TABLE: inherited relation "zz1" is not a table
* Buffer reference counting bugfixes
* Fix libpq bug that causes it to drop backend error message sent
just before connection closure (ie, any FATAL error message)
Uh, both of those are done aren't they?
* Modification of pg_class can happen while table in use by
another backend. Might lead to MVCC inside of syscache
This might or might not be OK now. Comments anyone?
* Fix memory leak for expressions[memory] (Tom?)
I think this is largely done, though there may be some remaining leak
* Make n of CHAR(n)/VARCHAR(n) the number of letters, not bytes
I think this might be done (Tatsuo, what's the status?)
* Add btree index support for reltime, tinterval, regproc, bit, varbit
bit and varbit seem to work now.
* Create insert, update and delete rules for simple one table views
* Automatically create rules on views so they are updateable, per SQL92
I think these two items are the same thing, no?
* Allow ORDER BY...LIMIT in INSERT INTO ... SELECT
This is done (me).
* Emit a warning at foreign key creation time if no UNIQUE index
exists on referenced primary key attributes
I think we actually emit an error now.
* Use IPC_EXCL when creating shared memory and semaphores
* Use flock() to prevent multiple postmasters on the same port [flock]
This is done, although we ended up using a lock file not flock().
* Include heap CTID in btree index keys, remove equal-key cruft from btree
This is done, I think, though not exactly in the way the TODO item
* Fix LIKE indexing optimization for non-ASCII locales
I've applied a brute-force solution, which is not to do any LIKE
optimization in non-ASCII locales :-(. This is not an ideal answer,
but perhaps the TODO item should read more like "Figure out how to
do LIKE indexing optimization in non-ASCII locales".
* Allow char() not to use variable-sized header to reduce disk size
Between MULTIBYTE and TOAST, I'd say this idea is dead as a doornail.
Might as well remove the TODO item.
* Make oid use oidin/oidout not int4in/int4out in pg_type.h
* improve dynamic memory allocation by introducing tuple-context memory
I believe all the issues mentioned in TODO.detail/memory are done.
There may still be some leaks to be fixed, but the worst problems
are dealt with.
* prevent labels from being output for stored rules (Tom)
Now that we have TOAST for pg_rewrite, I think this is a dead issue.
regards, tom lane
In response to
pgsql-hackers by date
|Next:||From: Christopher Kings-Lynne||Date: 2001-01-04 05:26:28|
|Subject: Re: Weirdness in CHECK?|
|Previous:||From: Christopher Kings-Lynne||Date: 2001-01-04 05:06:36|
|Subject: Weirdness in CHECK?|