Re: RC2 on OS X can not make check

From: Theodore Petrosky <tedpet5(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: RC2 on OS X can not make check
Date: 2004-12-30 21:00:45
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Tom,

the full path was:

/Users/asacksadmin/Documents/postgresql-8.0.0rc2

this is where the source lived and where I issued the

./configure --with-xxx and yyy
make
make check //which failed
sudo make install

there are no spaces in the path..

interesting on a different note.... Ab :)

I wanted to test the installation so I did a

createlang (for plpgsql) and a

createdb extremedb
psql extremedb
</Users/asacksadmin/Desktop/extbackup10.txt

I get an error at the top....

ERROR: permission denied for language c

maybe my order is out of wack.
I did the ./configure while logged in as an
administrator. then moved the folder to a standard
account where the make check passed..

Then I moved the folder back to the admin account
because I didn't want to have to learn in that second
how to give sudo permissions to a non admin account.

After moving the folder back to the admin account I
did the sudo make install and it appeared to install
fine. Except for that error.

Any ideas. I will ask around on how to give sudo privs
to a non admin account.

Ted

--- Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> Theodore Petrosky <tedpet5(at)yahoo(dot)com> writes:
> > Here is (was) the problem. I was working in an
> > administrator account. Not Root, but an admin
> account.
>
> That seems a bit hard to believe.
>
> Looking back at your original message, I notice
> something that escaped
> me the first time: the actual failure message is
>
> ./zic -d /Users/postgres/Documents/postgresql

source/postgresql-8.0.0rc2/src/test/regress/./tmp_check/install/usr/local/pgsql/share/timezone