DBA contract position in Oakland, CA

From: Chris Martin <cdm222(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: DBA contract position in Oakland, CA
Date: 2004-12-29 22:32:35
Lists: pgsql-jobs
Hello, I work at a small start-up in Oakland, Savage
Beast, Inc. and we're in the process of migrating our
hosted application to PostgreSQL.  We are in need of
someone to help us tune the database to better meet
our needs.  The focus of the work will be tuning and
configuring PostgreSQL to meet our performance and
supportability needs. This is a contract position
starting as soon as possible, lasting approximately 2
months.

We're looking for candidates who have previous
experience implementing complex enterprise
applications in PostgreSQL.

Ideal candidates should also possess:
- Expert understanding of PL/pgSQL
- Experience in database design and PostgreSQL
administration
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL esoterica
- Familiarity with JDBC
- Some experience in Java, Python or Jython would a
plus

Compensation is based on experience.

If you feel you're qualified to help us, please
contact me immediately with your resume.

Chris Martin
Savage Beast, Inc.
chris at savage beast dot com