Re: Grammer Cleanup

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Grammer Cleanup
Date: 2004-12-29 17:39:16
Lists: pgsql-patches

> > Small patch to clean up the grammer a bit by adding 'GroupId',
> > 'SchemaName' and 'SavePointId'.
>
> I don't particularly see the value of this --- especially since the
> direction of future development is likely to be to remove the
> distinction between user and group names, rather than make it stronger.

Alright, I can redo it w/ UserId in place of GroupId everywhere. I'd
like your comment on the 'pg_class changes for group ownership' on
-hackers, which might play into these changes too. Previously 'GRANT'
had 'ColId' instead of either, which isn't really appropriate there...
Do you agree with the other changes (ColId -> SchemaName, ColId ->
SavePointId) ?

Thanks,

Stephen