Encoding problems

From: "gustavo(dot)oliveira" <gustavo(dot)oliveira(at)3WT(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Encoding problems
Date: 2004-12-22 12:34:50
Lists: pgsql-novice

HI!

I am in trouble with my database encoding.

I have a application written in JAVA, the JSP's pages are seted with the
charset ISO-8859-1

My postgresql database is seted as UNICODE.

The problem occurs in a enctype="multipart/form-data" page. All the data
goes to the insert statement correctly, but when I tried to get it back,
some strange caracteres appears. When I look for the inserted data in the
database, the data is incorrectly stored.

All others forms in my applicattion that aren't multipart work fine.

If I edit the database manually, I get data in the right way.

How can I solve this problem? Any ideias?

Thnks

---
Gustavo Borges de Oliveira
PIPE - FAPESP
3WT - Wireless Web World Tech
gustavo(dot)oliveira(at)3WT(dot)com(dot)br
tel: +55 16 3371-4343
fax: +55 16 3371-9847