Problem with Select output

From: srini vasan <srinibalaji_82(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem with Select output
Date: 2004-12-22 10:56:47
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi
I am facing some issues with select query. The
values of the columns in one table contains "\n" as a
part of the value. So when I execute the select query
on this table, I am getting the following output.

# select * from stdhlr_subscriber_profile ;
subscriber_id | ssd_a
---------------+----------
470320000 | test
value
(1 row)

But the value of ssd_a is "test\nvalue". I want the
select output to print the value of ssd_a as
"test\nvalue".

Note:
I have used COPY command to copy the value to a
file. In that file ssd_a is saved as "test\nvalue".
There is no newline substitution. I want to achieve
the same with select query.

I am using PSQl verison 7.2.2

Can you please suggest me how to do this?

Regards
Srini.