PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Release Candidate 2

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Release Candidate 2
Date: 2004-12-22 03:37:20
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-general

Its been 3 weeks since our first Release Candidate, and we're down to the
finally stretch for Full Release, which is looking good for happening
before the New Year.

A current list of *known* supported platforms can be found at:

http://developer.postgresql.org/supported-platforms.html

We're always looking to improve that list, and with this RC looking to be
the last one before release, we encourage anyone that is running a
platform not listed to please report on any success or failures with
Release Candidate 2.

As always, this release is available on all mirrors, as listed at:

http://www.postgresql.org/mirrors-ftp.html

For those using Bittorrent, David Fetter has updated the .torrents, which
can be downloaded from:

http://bt.postgresql.org

Please report any bug reports with this Release Candidate to:

pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org

----