Adding foreign keys

From: Trent Oliphant <trentoliphant(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Adding foreign keys
Date: 2004-12-21 23:03:10
Lists: pgadmin-support

The add constraint foreign key dialog does not appear
to be working correctly. It doesn't offer any column
choices in the 'referencing' drop down box in the
columns tab. I have a table selected that has the
primary key column I am trying to reference. I have
tried this on multiple tables, both when creating a
new table and then also when creating a new key on an
existing table. I have had to add the foreign key
just using an SQL statement - which works fine.

Also, if I want to create a foreign key that
references the primary key in the same table
('child_of' type columns), I am not able to do a self
reference to the table untill after it has been fully
created. I was sure if this was a bug or simply
hadn't been implemented yet. I seem to recall it
working in previous versions of PgAdmin, but I could
be mistaken and I don't have them around to test.

Here is my configuration
PgAdminIII 1.2.0(Nov 29, 2004)
PostgreSQL 8.0rc1(installed using pginstaller)
Windows XP Service Pack 2

Trent Oliphant

Thanks for a great tool.