Re: Scheduler in Postgres

From: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>
To: Marco Colombo <pgsql(at)esiway(dot)net>
Cc: Ben <bench(at)silentmedia(dot)com>, Guy Rouillier <guyr(at)masergy(dot)com>, PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Scheduler in Postgres
Date: 2004-12-21 21:29:33
Lists: pgsql-general

Sorry to duplicate this but I thought some of you might not have noticed
my other email about this. I have registered pgJob at pgfoundary
(http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pgjob/). The intention of pgJob is to
provide a means to run SQL commands in a database at specified
intervals. There is a mailing list available
(http://pgfoundry.org/mailman/listinfo/pgjob-devel), and I suggest
anyone interested in this subscribe to that list.

Note that I don't intend for this to be a generic cron replacement as
some people were discussing. For anyone interested in that, pgcron seems
to be available on pgfoundary. :)
--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Consultant decibel(at)decibel(dot)org