Re: pg_autovacuum w/ dbt2

From: Mark Wong <markw(at)osdl(dot)org>
To: "Matthew T(dot) O'Connor" <matthew(at)zeut(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, testperf-general(at)pgfoundry(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_autovacuum w/ dbt2
Date: 2004-12-21 22:47:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

The overall throughput is better for a run like this:
http://www.osdl.org/projects/dbt2dev/results/dev4-010/207/

A drop from 3865 to 2679 (31%) by just adding pg_autovacuum. That's
what I meant by "not good". :)

I'll start with the additional debug messages, with 8.0rc2, before
I start changing the other settings, if that sounds good.

Mark