Re: cant execute yyparse() within postgresql

From: Frank Wiles <frank(at)wiles(dot)org>
To: Sibtay Abbas <sibtay_abbas(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: cant execute yyparse() within postgresql
Date: 2004-12-21 19:06:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 10:50:25 -0800 (PST)
Sibtay Abbas <sibtay_abbas(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

> i never happen to read this rule when i signed up to
> this mailing list...so if you ve made up a rule by
> urself for this mailing list just do us a favor by
> officially announcing it
>
> i think anyone who has knowledge of adding new
> languages to postgresql will understand what pl call
> handler means.
>
> i ve been getting alot of help from this mailing list
> and i thank all the ppl who helped me.
>
> Peter's attitude was rude and i complain against it
> and i ask the mailing list maintainers to follow up on
> this.

I don't believe Peter was trying to be rude. And while it isn't
a "rule" per se, the more information you can provide in a
question the more you increase your chances of someone having an
answer for you.

Something along the lines of "I'm trying to add a new language to
postgresql and I need to be able to X from within Y" etc, etc, etc.
will go a lot futher than "I can't X from within Y".

Frank Wiles <frank(at)wiles(dot)org>
http://www.wiles.org