create user with password

From: sarlav kumar <sarlavk(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsqlnovice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: create user with password
Date: 2004-12-20 15:18:42
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi All,
I logged in as postgres user and created a new user 'test' with a password.
create user test with password 'test';
But when I use the -U option to login with the new user 'test', it does not ask for password and directly logs me in. If I use -u(without capitalization), it asks for the username and password. I know that -u is deprecated. Is there a way to get -U option to ask for the password before logging in?? Or am I doing anything wrong here?

Do you Yahoo!?

pgsql-novice by date