Re: Fw: Front end?

From: Jeff Eckermann <jeff_eckermann(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Afton & Ray Still <rastill(at)shaw(dot)ca>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fw: Front end?
Date: 2004-12-20 15:02:33
Lists: pgsql-novice
--- Afton & Ray Still <rastill(at)shaw(dot)ca> wrote:

>  So far, I haven't been able to figure out how to
> enter data into the data
>  base using PgAdmin. So what I'm looking for is a
> way to enter data and get
>  fairly good looking (well formated) reports.
>
>  If I can get all of this I'll be happy, but idealy
> I'd also like to be able
>  to create an aplication that I can give to a
> co-worker who is only
>  semi-computer literate. It doesn't really matter if
> it's all self
> contained,
>  as long as it's all transperent to the end user.
>
>  I'm also playing with a very limited development
> budget.

Does your co-worker have MS Office installed (I'm
guessing that they probably do)?  If so, do they have
MS Access installed, or at least a license for it
available?

MS Access is most certainly not low-cost, but is so
widely deployed in office environments, it is
effectively a no cost solution in many cases.  And it
most certainly is a convenient way to quickly put
together a functional database front end.