Re: LockObject patch

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
To: Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: LockObject patch
Date: 2004-12-20 03:40:36
Lists: pgsql-patches

On Sun, Dec 19, 2004 at 11:40:40PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

Hackers,

> Here is the LockObject patch I was able to come up with. It's almost
> the same patch that Rod Taylor published two years ago; basically, it
> expands LOCKTAG with a ClassId attribute, and provides a LockObject
> method to allow locking arbitrary objects. I omitted the uses of the
> new functionality.

I just noticed that this uses the current database Id in the LOCKTAG ...
I think I'll just make it use InvalidOid, as we will only use it to lock
shared objects by now. It can be changed when (and if) we need
different semantics in the future.

Tulio: oh, para qué servirá este boton, Juan Carlos?
Policarpo: No, aléjense, no toquen la consola!
Juan Carlos: Lo apretaré una y otra vez.