LockObject patch

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
To: Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: LockObject patch
Date: 2004-12-20 02:40:40
Lists: pgsql-patches
Hackers,

Here is the LockObject patch I was able to come up with.  It's almost
the same patch that Rod Taylor published two years ago; basically, it
expands LOCKTAG with a ClassId attribute, and provides a LockObject
method to allow locking arbitrary objects.  I omitted the uses of the
new functionality.

I provide this mostly for review purposes; it's not intended to be
applied, because I'll submit it in conjunction with the shared
dependency patch later.

"El sabio habla porque tiene algo que decir;
el tonto, porque tiene que decir algo" (Platon).

pgsql-patches by date