Database Recovery

From: Harry <postituk(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Database Recovery
Date: 2004-12-20 00:11:17
Lists: pgsql-docs
I have just had a bit of a disaster with a database and found very
little material online about how to recover from a corrupted database.
This is not the first time I have had to recoover data from a postgres
database which was caused either by some hardware failure or my own
error (not sure which is worse).

Is there any material online on how to recover a corrupt postgresql
database?

If not I would be happy to take a shot at writing something based on my
own experiences. The most recent of which (I wrote it tonight) can be
found at

http://www.hjackson.org/blog/archives/2004/12/postgresql_data.html

Its a bit long winded but if there are no docs detailing various
recovery procedures and there are people willing to answer questions
and make sure I was on the right track then I would be willing to write
it?

Has it already been written? Thoughts?

=====
Harry