Re: pgsql: Mention aix cc_r is not supported, and why

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Mention aix cc_r is not supported, and why
Date: 2004-12-14 14:01:47
Lists: pgsql-committers
Am Dienstag, 14. Dezember 2004 14:10 schrieb Bruce Momjian:
> Did you look at the patch?  To support it would require us to use a
> special CC setting for all cases where we are linking to a threaded
> libpq.  I don't think we want to add that ugliness to our code just to
> support it, just like we didn't do a similar change to support threading
> on unixware.

Maybe we are just having different notions of "supported".  I think people can
already set CC and CFLAGS themselves to get all-threaded builds.  And that is
supported, I think, because we allow users to set CC and CFLAGS.  If we write
"cc_r is not supported", then we might shut out users where we don't have to.
As I said, one user already reported to have used it.

--
Peter Eisentraut