Re: PostgreSQL + SSL -

From: Vadim Nasardinov <vadimn(at)redhat(dot)com>
To: Andrew M <andrew(at)jibeya(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL + SSL -
Date: 2004-12-07 16:37:04
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
On Tuesday 07 December 2004 07:38, Andrew M wrote:
> I need to explain my setup here. I'm running a website via Jboss
> application server.
> I launch jboss like so:
>  >cd /jboss/bin
> /jboss/bin>  ./
> So how do I tell the driver where to find the keystore in this
> instance, as I am not running a stand alone java application?

JBoss's likely provides a way to pass command-line options to
the JRE.  This is needed so can you specify the maximum heap and stack
size, among other things.  The standard way of doing this is to allow
the user to set an enviroment variable called JAVA_OPTS or some
such.  So, once you know what this variable is named in your
particular case, you should be able to do something along the
following lines:

$ cd /jboss/bin
$ export JAVA_OPTS=""
$  ./

The script is then responsible for splicing this additional option
onto the command line that it uses to invoke java.