how can i add my own procedural language?

From: Sibtay Abbas <sibtay_abbas(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: how can i add my own procedural language?
Date: 2004-12-07 06:33:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

hi

is "Procedural language handler function" the
interface for adding your own procedural languages to
postgres?

I ve read the documentation but i am not able to
understand where do we deal with stuff like parse
trees, query trees, plan trees etc.

Ofcourse any procedural language should pass through
all the steps ie parsing, planning/optimization and
execution.

so where do we define these steps? and what interface
is provided by postgresql?

thank you