Call for port reports

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Call for port reports
Date: 2004-12-07 00:00:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I have started filling in the supported platform list for the 8.0.0
release with the information from the build farm:

http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/supported-platforms.html

It's now time to fill the holes. Briefly, I'm looking for exit status 0
on

./configure --prefix=SOMEWHERE --enable-thread-safety --with-tcl \
--with-perl --with-python --with-krb5 --with-pam -with-openssl
make
make install
make check

with PostgreSQL 8.0.0rc1 or later. If you know what you're doing, you
can also try other options, but please tell what you did.

(I would like the build farm members for Windows and Cygwin to use more
feature-enabling options, because in those cases we really need the
information about which extra features compile and work.)

If your system provides multiple compilers (for example, a vendor
compiler and GCC), test with all of them. Call configure as
follows: ./configure CC=/foo/cc --prefix=...

If your system has multiple compilation modes, such as 32 bit and 64
bit, it may be worth trying both.

Report the output of SELECT version(); as well as a "common name" of the
operating system under which it can be listed (e.g., the distributor,
in case of a Linux-based system).

--
Peter Eisentraut