Re: pgsql: New Directory

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: New Directory
Date: 2004-12-02 22:03:45
Lists: pgsql-committers
Tom Lane wrote:
> momjian(at)svr1(dot)postgresql(dot)org (Bruce Momjian) writes:
> > Directory /cvsroot/pgsql/src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/utf8_and_win1252 added to the repository
>
> I hope this does not indicate that you are planning to commit that patch
> on the day before RC1.  (1) We are *far* past feature freeze. (2) The
> only review I've seen of the patch so far pointed out basic typos, which
> didn't exactly leave me with a warm feeling about its being
> production-ready.

I am applying it.  It was added to the queue yesterday or the day
before.  I don't consider it a feature addition but rather an addition
for portability with Win32.  I don't see how it affects anything unless
you use that encoding.  The typos were addressed in later patches.  In
fact all the versions are in the patch queue now.