Re: can't relink from MS access after dropping field

From: Jaime Casanova <systemguards(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: can't relink from MS access after dropping field
Date: 2004-12-02 21:44:21
Lists: pgsql-odbc

--- Fred Parkinson <FredP(at)abag(dot)ca(dot)gov> escribió:
> After dropping a field in a postgres table this
> morning
> (alter table tstudents drop company_id)
> I now get an error message from Access when I try to
> link to that
> table:
>
> .........pg.dropped.31........
> is not a valid name etc.

That's because postgresql actually doesn't remove the
column it just rename it and mark it as dropped. when
access try to see the table structure it doesn't know
it has to ask if the column has been marked as dropped
and try to show it but the new column name for the
dropped column is not a valid name so it rejects and
show you the error above.

the solution i found: pg_dump/pg_restore the base

regards,
Jaime Casanova