libpq: how to get error code (not message)

From: X X <junkmbox(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: libpq: how to get error code (not message)
Date: 2004-12-02 03:11:44
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I'm writing a client in C++ using the C-library
(libpq) interface to PostgreSQL server.

I would like to know what function to call to obtain
one of the codes listed at

(I'm aware from other postings that in JDBC it would
be a getSQLState() call, but what if I have to code
the client in C/C++ and use libpq ?)

I found that the error codes are defined in file
errcodes.h under the /server include directory, but
can't find the client-side function that returns them.

Any hints are much appreciated,

Do you Yahoo!?

pgsql-interfaces by date