Re: inserting values into types

From: "Andrew Thorley" <andrew(dot)thorley(at)linuxmail(dot)org>
To: "Michael Fuhr" <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: inserting values into types
Date: 2004-12-01 21:58:11
Lists: pgsql-sql

hi mike,

sorry for confusion, the test_x is my mistake, its from another type i created which is executing the same code.

my error i get from:

CREATE TYPE qwerty_UDT AS (abc INT);

CREATE TABLE t (col1 qwerty_UDT);

INSERT INTO t (col1) VALUES (qwerty_UDT(123));

is:

ERROR: function qwerty_udt(integer) does not exist
HINT: No function matches the given name and argument types. You may need to add explicit type casts.