Re: USENET vs Mailing Lists Poll ...

From: Joel <rees(at)ddcom(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2004-12-01 01:45:51
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

As long as the web page maintainers are going to the trouble of taking a
survey, might I (at the risk of being tarred and feathered :-p) suggest
a more thorough survey?

Suggested questions:

(1) If there were a USENET newsfeed, under comp.databases.postgresql.*,
of one or more of the current postgresql mailing lists, I would

(a) use USENET primarily,
(b) use both USENET and the mailing lists,
(c) use the mailing lists primarily,
(d) unsubsribe from the mailing lists and use neither, or
(e) not sure at this time.

(2) If there were a separate USENET comp.databases.postgresql newsgroup
created, I would

(a) use the separate USENET newsgroup primarily,
(b) use both the separate USENET newsgroup and the mailing lists,
(c) use the mailing lists primarily,
(d) unsubsribe from the mailing lists and use neither, or
(e) not sure at this time.

(3) Concerning USENET, I would prefer

(a) that the mailing lists be gated to USENET,
(b) that the mailing lists and USENET be kept seperate,
(c) that USENET go take a leap <;-/, or
(d) not sure at this time.

(4) If the mailing lists are gated to USENET, I would prefer

(a) that the current SPAM moderation policy apply to both,
(b) that no moderation occur on either USENET or the lists,
(c) that kooks who post to USENET be tarred and feathered 8-*, or
(d) not sure at this time.

Please not that this is not an attempt at a survey, see 3c and 4c. It is
only a suggestion.

--
Joel Rees <rees(at)ddcom(dot)co(dot)jp>
digitcom, inc. 株式会社デジコム