Re: ODBC driver for Windows & future...

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Simeó Reig <simeo(at)incofisa(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ODBC driver for Windows & future...
Date: 2004-12-01 14:20:41
Lists: pgsql-odbc

On Tuesday 30 November 2004 05:16, Simeó Reig wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I think I'm not the only one to get worried about the future of the
> >PGSQL ODBC driver. Since Iroshi has left last year, I have seen fixes
> >now and then, but nobody seems to understand anymore how the driver
> >really works...
> >
> we have been using the driver since three years ago, we had made an
> application
> with 40 concurrent ODBC users, 144 tables and milions of rows, postgresql
> is fantastic, with a great performance (dell 2650 dual processor raid 10)
> and the most important : zero problems in three years.
>
> Now, we have to make other application but we will not use postgresql
> because
> we don't trust ODBC project, seems nobody understands nothing !!

So for three years you have taken from the work of hundreds of others who have
provided you with a free database and a working driver to use along with it,
but now when there are signs of trouble, you're just going to pack up and
leave? Why not dedicate just one of your programmers to working on the ODBC
driver full time? This way you can assure that all of your issues with the
driver are still addressed, you'll save the costs of switching to another
system, and still get an extremely robust database for the cost of one
programmer? Seems like a good investment to me.

--
Robert Treat