Re: Aubit 4GL for postgresql

From: Mike Aubury <mike(dot)aubury(at)aubit(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Aubit 4GL for postgresql
Date: 2004-11-30 08:56:05
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Just to clarify -  Aubit4GL currently works with InformixSQL style SQL
statements being converted to PostgresSQL on the fly for migrating current
Informix4GL programs to run against a PostgresSQL database.

What I'm talking about here is running native PostgresSQL statements within
the 4GL for people who've maybe never heard of Informix 4GL/SQL.

(For example - Aubit4GL has no CREATE TYPE statement, outer joins are
different etc - a PostgresSQL programmer may not like the fact they need to
PREPARE or SQL/ENDSQL around these statements that the current 4GL grammar
rules don't recognise...).