Re: Aubit 4GL for postgresql

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Mike Aubury <mike(dot)aubury(at)aubit(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Aubit 4GL for postgresql
Date: 2004-11-30 04:01:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Monday 29 November 2004 16:48, Dave Cramer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Mike Aubury is considering porting Aubit 4GL
> http://www.aubit.com/index.php?page=Products/Aubit4gl   to native
> postgresql.
>
> If this is of interest to you please respond. He is trying to measure
> the level of interest.

An unnamed company I am aquainted with uses Progress and it's 4GL hooks....
it's a piece of crap.  I'd love to see it replaced with a postgresql based
solution, but first we need native windows support (speak of the devil) and
then a mature 4GL interface.  Now I don't expect said company to change any
time soon, however there are some more open minded companies out there
looking to dump Progress, and this would certainly be a bonus for them.

--
Robert Treat