8.0beta5 results w/ dbt2

From: Mark Wong <markw(at)osdl(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, testperf-general(at)pgfoundry(dot)org
Subject: 8.0beta5 results w/ dbt2
Date: 2004-11-30 00:01:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I have some initial results using 8.0beta5 with our OLTP workload.
Off the bat I see about a 23% improvement in overall throughput. The
most significant thing I've noticed was in the oprofile report where
FunctionCall2 and hash_seq_search have moved down the profile a bit.

Also, I have libc with symbols now so we can see what it's doing with
in the oprofile output.

8.0beta5 results:
http://www.osdl.org/projects/dbt2dev/results/dev4-010/199/
throughput: 4076.97