Re: fix compile warning for pg_backup_tar.c

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>,"Patches (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: fix compile warning for pg_backup_tar.c
Date: 2004-11-29 03:01:55
Lists: pgsql-patches
I have added a comment explaining the possible compiler warning:

    /*
     *  Some compilers with throw a warning knowing this test can never be
     *  true because off_t can't exceed the compared maximum.
     */
    if (th->fileLen > MAX_TAR_MEMBER_FILELEN)
        die_horribly(AH, modulename, "archive member too large for tar format\n");