Re: Replication & BLOBs

From: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: mark(at)espressocode(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Replication & BLOBs
Date: 2004-11-25 01:38:02
Lists: pgsql-general
pgpool(http://www2b.biglobe.ne.jp/~caco/pgpool/index-e.html) surely
can handle large objects. I don't know any other replication solutions
can handle them.

Be carefull, however, please make sure that the master and the slave
database clusters are physically synced before starting
replication. Also if multiple sessions are going to concurrently
create large objects, you need to make cluster wide explicite
concurrency controls. Otherwise OIDs may not become identical among
master/slave. To accomplish this, you can lock the shared table. For
example,

BEGIN;
LOCK TABLE pg_database;
creating large objec...