Fwd: [press] problems

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Fwd: [press] problems
Date: 2004-11-24 13:16:56
Lists: pgsql-www
anyone have any thoughts on this?

Robert Treat

Subject: [press] problems
Date: Wednesday 24 November 2004 06:01
From: hubert lubaczewski <hubert(dot)lubaczewski(at)eo(dot)pl>
To: press(at)postgresql(dot)org

first of all - i'm not quite sure i'm writing to correct email - if not,
please forward it to person responsible for news.rss on postgresql site.

recently i wrote rss aggregator working as jabber bot.
everything works fine, but when i added your rss feed, i got error while
rss-parsing phase.

since i already parse approx. 60 rss feeds in at least 2 different
languages (english and polish) i think the problem is on your side.

the bot is written in perl, and fetches rsses with LWP::Simple
then is uses XML::RSS module to parse it.
it goes like this:

my $feed = new XML::RSS; my $sContent =
 get(""); $feed->parse($sContent);

and here i got error:
Malformed RSS: invalid version

can you please fix it or point me how do i fix it on my side?

best regards

hubert lubaczewski
Network Operations Center
eo Networks Sp. z o.o.

Robert Treat

pgsql-www by date

Next:From: Omar KilaniDate: 2004-11-24 13:50:17