Fwd: [press] http://www.postgresql.org/news.rss problems

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Fwd: [press] http://www.postgresql.org/news.rss problems
Date: 2004-11-24 13:16:56
Lists: pgsql-www
anyone have any thoughts on this?

Robert Treat

Date: Wednesday 24 November 2004 06:01
From: hubert lubaczewski <hubert(dot)lubaczewski(at)eo(dot)pl>
To: press(at)postgresql(dot)org

hi
first of all - i'm not quite sure i'm writing to correct email - if not,
please forward it to person responsible for news.rss on postgresql site.

recently i wrote rss aggregator working as jabber bot.
everything works fine, but when i added your rss feed, i got error while
rss-parsing phase.

since i already parse approx. 60 rss feeds in at least 2 different
languages (english and polish) i think the problem is on your side.

details:
the bot is written in perl, and fetches rsses with LWP::Simple
(get(...)).
then is uses XML::RSS module to parse it.
it goes like this:

my $feed = new XML::RSS; my $sContent =
 get("http://www.postgresql.org/news.rss"); $feed->parse($sContent);

and here i got error:
Malformed RSS: invalid version

can you please fix it or point me how do i fix it on my side?

best regards

depesz

--
hubert lubaczewski
Network Operations Center

Robert Treat

pgsql-www by date

Next:From: Omar KilaniDate: 2004-11-24 13:50:17
Previous:From: John HansenDate: 2004-11-24 09:21:36
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL mirror test report