Re: Vote on Omar Design

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Vote on Omar Design
Date: 2004-11-19 19:30:34
Lists: pgsql-www
On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Who's "we"?  I don't recall a spec document anywhere that says that the
> design has to be "stretchy", nor do I recall any discussion on this list
> to that effect.  Maybe my memory is faulty, give me a link.

Actually, fixed width has been something that has been avoided as far as
design is concerned since day one ... I even seem to recall a whole thread
on it, since some like the whole 'fixed width' perspective (me included),
while others like the 'use up what you can of my browser' design ...

> 1) Omar's design is undeniably better-looking and easier to navigate
> than Lucasz's;

Can someone re-post Omar's design?  Make it easier to compare :)  The only
thing I recall missing from it was the banner on the top of the right
menu ...

> 2) Porting to Omar's design rather than Lucasz's will make no difference in
> the go-live time of the web site;

Actually, isn't Lucasz's design already what is live on wwwdevel?  I'm not
100% sure what the hold up on getting things live is ... but looking at
wwwdevel, it all looks to be there ...

> No, it's a vote on what we want Omar and others to work on; patching
> Lucasz's design or porting to his own.  I vote the latter -- unless, of
> course, you want to argue the 3 points above.

The only thing the CFV missed, I believe, was links to the two design to
make the determination ... I just don't remember Omar's design anymore :(

----