Re: Vote on Omar Design

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Vote on Omar Design
Date: 2004-11-19 23:10:57
Lists: pgsql-www
Robert,

> I'm sure it would be more work, but swapping to Omar's design is not a
> magic bullet for everything on the TODO list.

Absolutely correct.  I'm interested because Omar's offering to help port
content.   If he weren't, I'd say "oh, ho-hum, another design".

> Read the archives, it has been discussed a number of times. It was
> mentioned specifically in regards to this design here:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2004-11/msg00146.php

Cool, will read up.    I may want to revisit this; I'm not certain that I'm in
favor of "stretchy", but I don't remember the arguments.

> This is a baseless accusation and quite honestly I am offended by it. I
> have never said the web team can guide anything without discussing our
> reasoning. Hell I'm one of the few who have advocated making the web
> development process more open. And we *have* discussed the changes right
> here on this list. A Lot.

Good.  Let's keep discussing them, and not accuse people of "power grabs" when
they disagree?

> afaik the gborg mailing lists are all public archives, and thats where
> you'll find our commit logs. (If it isn't, it isn't because we have
> requested it to remain private.

Actually, it's because GBorg is unhappy today.

> What I want to see Omar work on is 1)Resolving the banner ads issue,
> 2)Resolving the stretchy issue, and 3) Working up a patch to implement
> his design against current CVS.

Those are pretty concrete.  Omar, got a response?

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions