Re: List of regional contacts up, please revise!

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>,pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: List of regional contacts up, please revise!
Date: 2004-11-19 18:42:47
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>> If we don't have anyone from Canada, and are going to stand on the
>> "European French" listing, then I can take Canada.  I'd _really_
>> prefer to point Canadian fraoncophones at the European francophones,
>> though, because while I can happily talk jouale for hours, my
>> technical French is flat-out bad.  And the English Canadian press is
>> used to talking to Americans about technology.
>
> Isn't Marc in Cananda? What about Jan?

I'm in pretty much, embarressing as it is to admin, pretty much in teh
same boat as Andrew :(  I can speak my fathers language, and get by, but
when it comes to 'computer-ese', I'm dead in the water :(

The hardest was a Comdex we did where we had some gentleman from France
come to the booth and as bad as my French was/is, we were able to
communicate, but they were *very* patient with me :)

----